Ten Point Agenda for Career Starters – by Ifeadi Anigbogu139 views
A lot of times I get questions from young professionals on how to find the right job and build a dream career.
Well, below are some of the important things, I think you should do. Please read this, tag a friend and share it with them to share with another friend, that way, we can reach more people and help them start off their career journeys on a good note.
- Understand yourself, your abilities and your purpose.
- Chart a career path, know exactly what you want to do and chase it. Any job is not a job, have a niche and stay focused. Don’t jump into jobs out of desperation. Finding jobs that align with your purpose is essential to career fulfilment.
- Develop yourself towards your ultimate career goal. Be prepared for your dream job, develop yourself, learn online for free, learn from others, work for free or for less just to learn and position yourself for the big one and for growth. Always remember, you learn to earn. The more you learn, the higher your earning power.
- Be versatile, know how to do many things but have an area of specialty and core competence. Learn some of the top skills in high demand. Versatile people are more likely to stand through difficulties and difficult times.
- Brand, package and position yourself well. You are a brand too, package yourself to attract the right people and organisations, showcase yourself and your talents so they can find you.
- Create a good online identity and presence – LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, WhatsApp, Telegram to mention a few.
- Have a simple well written CV/Resume and tell a beautiful story about your career journey. Showcase your KSAAs (if you follow me you will know what KSAAs mean. If you don’t know, ask me in the comments section). For more tips on writing a powerful CV, you may also read my article on CV writing here: https://lnkd.in/d–DGuythis is an awesome guide for a wining CV/resume.
- Find the right network, use your network to your advantage. Your network, they say, is your net worth, add quality people to your network, people who can charge you towards your goals and show you tips and tricks for success. This does not have to be senior professionals in all cases, it could be peers who always know about the latest vacancies or who know how to make contacts to make things happen.
- Find a career mentor, one who has succeeded in the path you wish to tow, the one who can hold your hands and show you the way to help you meet your goals faster.
- Finally, be a good person, drop poor behaviours and bad manners. Do not let poor behaviours cost you good opportunities, be well behaved, be courteous, stay positive and keep aspiring to the top!
Lots of love and good wishes. I’d be here waiting to hear your success stories. Go forth and win! You are a star; you were born to shine!
*Ifeadi Anigbogu is a HR Leader, Speaker, Mentor, Writer, Career and Business Success Coach/ Talent Expert