Buhari represents $ 30bn loan request to Senate19 views
President Muhammadu Buhari has again requested for external loan of $29.96 billion for some very important infrastructural projects in the country.
President of the Senate, Ahmad Lawan who read Buhari’s letter at Thursday’s Plenary, said President Buhari was representing the request for external loan of $29.96 billion for the projects between 2016 and 2018.
Senator Bukola Saraki’s 8th Senate had rejected the request when the President wrote the Senate, seeking for approval of the loan.
Some of the key projects for which the loan was sought include:
- The East-West Road.
- Mambilla Hydro Power Station.
- Dualization of Suleja-Minna Road.
- Standard gauge Ibadan-Kano Rail line.
- Calabar-PH-Aba-Makurdi-Bauchi-Maiduguri Rail Line.
- Dualization of Ibadan-Ilorin-Jebba Road.
- 2,500 KM Power Transmission Lines and Power Transformers across Nigeria.
- Funding and upgrade of 18 Federal Universities.
- Total overhauling of Ajaokuta Steel Company.
- Dualization Of Lokoja-Okene-Auchi-Benin Road.